” Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise ” – Benjamin Franklin
Rise up early in the morning is a little difficult for somebody whereas it is impossible for many. If you happen to go through some success stories of famous persons, it has been mentioned that getting up in the early morning was one of the main reasons for their successful life. How and why is so important and in what ways it is going to be helpful in one’s life.
I have seen many people in my life who wanted to get up early in the morning for which they would set the alarm to ring at 4.30 am on their mobile phones. In reality, it is challenging to get up at 4.30 am when the alarm rings. They would normally choose the snooze option for extending the time by another 10 or 15 minutes. Likewise, it goes till 6.30 am to 7.00 am. This is because they may have gone to bed late or they might have got more workload in the previous day. Though it is significant for a person who wants to be successful in his or her life, please bear in mind it does not mean those who get up late are lazy or unproductive.
Alright, is it so difficult getting up early in the morning? No. Not really.
Don’t hit the SNOOZE button
You may experience some difficulties at the beginning. But you could overcome this by following a small method. There is no great deal in this. After setting up alarm time, keep the clock or mobile far from your bed. When alarm rings at a particular time do not try to press the snooze button. Try getting up immediately. If it is done continuously for seven days – remember only for seven days – on the eighth day, it could be little easy to get up. This practice should go for a month. Whatever we do, it must be a consistent activity. So make it one of your regular activities.
This minute you may get confused that ‘what should I do in the early morning?’
Advantages of Early Rising
- First of all, you will be completely out of stress, and your mental health would be robust. You may have an opinion that you gain enormous time and you can utilize this time by doing some useful things.
- You could take care of your health. Go out for walking or jogging or any workouts. You get tremendous energy through some early morning body movements.
- You can organize your day very well. Therefore, you can get to the office on time and put into action as per plan.
- If you are a student, study your subjects. This will yield the optimum results in your examinations.
- You can learn any new things like music, driving, cooking because the sky is the limit for learning.
- Don’t have to skip breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Many a person normally skip breakfast as they don’t find enough time to have it. Skipping breakfast would trigger many problems such as stomach ulcer, obesity, etc.
- On your hectic schedule, you would have missed any of your relatives or friends’ party, marriage or any event. This may have brought some distance between you and them. Now it’s time to meet or communicate and maintain the very lasting friendships and relationship.
- Ultimately, early risers are always extremely optimistic. If you have positive energy in you, it creates such a positive outlook on you. It will definitely reflect in your every activity as you get complete energy to run the entire day.
So wake up early and enjoy your day.
Please read my earlier post How to increase our prouductivity? with Eisenhower matrix.